Maintenance of Durturf
Just like any garden surface, DuraTurf will collect dirt from environmental exposure and from being walked upon.
The beauty of our fake grass is that it requires minimal maintenance in comparison to natural grass. And no expensive equipment is needed to keep your turf in tip-top condition all year round!
General upkeep tips
- You can clean the grass with a flexible rake or leaf-blower
- Regular brushing with a soft, nylon-bristle broom will keep the fake grass clean and upright (Avoid steel brushes!).
- Never use solvents! Washing DuraTurf with water (cold or warm) is sufficient, but for harsh chemical spills please refer to the manufacturer.
- To remove environmental spills – dirt, dust, bird dropping, pet stains – and other water-based spills – treat as you would normal grass.
Specific maintenance concerns
- Leaves and rough dirt: Simply brush, or hose, them away.
- Fine dirt: Water away fine dirt, but be wary of removing too much infill material. On smaller indoor installations please vacuum up fine dirt.
- Solids (e.g. chewing gum, pet faeces): Carefully scoop the solids up off the artificial grass.
- Spilt drinks: Wash away with water.
- Burning materials (e.g. cigarette, braai coals): Remove as soon as possible but there may still be turf discolouration. Burn marks can be professionally repaired, please refer these queries to your installer.
- Flatness: Simply brush the grass fibre upright. A more regular brush ensures fibres may stay upright especially on high traffic areas.